All comments are welcome. First time commentors must be approved by me. This may take some time (anywhere from a few minutes to a few days, depending on how busy I am). I ask for your patience. Also, this site has a very zealous anti-spam system. If it has been about a day since you posted and your comment has not appeared, contact me and I will look into it.
That said, I have the following ground rules:
- Comments must remain on topic.
- Spamming, either by way of posting multiple unrelated links or by posting the same comment multiple times, will not be tolerated
- Comments designed for no other reason than to start a fight (“fighting words”) will not be tolerated.
- Comments must be under a single name. Whether it is a real name or a fake name I don’t care, but I don’t want to see multiple posts by the same person but under multiple pseudonyms.
These rules are subject to my, and only my, judgement. There is no appeals process. Multiple violations of these rules may result in a ban, solely at my discretion. If you don’t like that a comment was removed, feel free to contact me, but I make no promises.
Some Commenting Requests (I ask for these things, but violating them will not result in a ban or a comment removed):
- I won’t remove comments for bad language (God knows I swear a whole fuckin’ lot), but please try to avoid it.
- We all get passionate. Name calling, insults, and the like will happen. I won’t remove/ban anyone for that (exception: see rule #3), but try to think before you write.
- Assume good faith on the part of the person you’re discussing with. While I think most “Progressive” polices are dangerous to the poor, I assume that the “progressive” wants to help the poor. S/he doesn’t hate them.
I reserve the right to update/alter these rules without notice. However, I will not ex post change them (that is, I will not, except in extreme circumstances, ban/remove a comment before I change a rule).